Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lil' Orbits mini donut




Every time I went to Market Market Mall in Taguig City, I always buy Lil' Orbits mini donuts.  My office-mate introduced it to me last year.  It was a boring day in our office when one of my office-mate invites the whole department to have a lunch out.  Since there is not much work and we can go back late in the office so everyone agreed to her idea of having lunch out.  I guess one major reason why she wants to have lunch out is because she together with our other office-mates will be deploying to other company as their project assignment.   Even though some of us already have our food when she invited us, but still we just decided to just bring our food along so we can go out and break our daily lunch routine and also to have bonding moments with them before they will be deploy.

When we are about to take our lunch we can’t decide where to eat.  After few minutes thinking where to have our lunch finally we decides to go to Market Market Mall where in there are lot of good restaurants we can choose from.  We end up in food court and have our lunch there.  After having our lunch we stroll a little bit and decide to go back to the office.  One of my office-mate told us that she want to buy mini donuts for her kid.  So we accompany her and what I have in mind is we are looking for Dunkin' Donuts to buy some Munchkins.  But when we are in ground floor we skip out Dunkin' Donuts booth and end up in Lil' Orbits mini donuts.  Most of my office-mates including me have no idea of it so she treats us.  She is kind of shock when she knew that most of us did not know about it since it been around in the market since she was a child.  At first I noticed that their donuts machine is very unique.   Their booth is very transparent that we can see how their donuts is being cooked.  Upon ordering the store attendant begin to put cubes of butter in the machine filled with hot oil then it start to produce very good smell.  Then he press a button and mini donuts starts to come out from funnel shaped container directly goes to the hot oil where the was butter melted.  The process on how mini donuts is being cook by machine itself is very amusing.

There are 6 tasty flavors to choose from:  Strawberry, Mocha, Chocolate, Cheese, Cinnamon, and Cookies and Cream.  I picked cheese flavor, the combination of sweet and salty is very good.  Every time I have a chance to drop by at Market Market Mall in ground floor I always bought at least one dozen of Lil' Orbits mini donuts.  I already tasted all their flavors and my favorite is cheese and chocolate.  It is perfect treat for my kids every time I return from work.

1 comment: