Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Smart Broadband pocket wi-fi, my new internet connection


I am using Smart broadband internet connection for almost 5 years now.  It’s not my first broadband connection, before I used PLDT myDSL internet connection together with a landline package but when my family decided to move at Cainta Rizal year 2008 then I started to use Smart broadband.  

Smart Broadband Canopy

In just less than a week after we moved, our office announced a bad news.  The owner of the company from Australia gathered us in a conference call and announced that the company will be close.  This was a very bad timing considering I’m on a tight budget and finding a new job is not easy.  Fortunately my boss still have some small projects and ask me if I can work for him remotely.  I considered myself lucky being offered with a job and have a benefit of spending more time with my family.  I agreed to his offer, my career as freelancer started.  My boss gave me time to setup my working environment at home, all the things I needed was provided these includes tables, chair, complete desktop  computer and the only problem is internet connection.

The most popular, fast and very stable broadband connection before is PLDT myDSL.  But it’s also hard to apply for a connection especially if you don’t have existing PLDT landline, they have selected coverage areas and in our case since our location is not covered yet that made us impossible to apply right away. Smart Telecommunication a company also owned by PLDT was offering broadband connection.  I applied for their promo Plan 999 which offers unlimited connection with 12 months contract.  Their service was fast it took only three working days to install my Smart Bro with a canopy. Their service guy did some configuring in my computer and that’s it, I can access internet with very satisfactory speed.

Smart Broadband Share It

In mid of 2009 we move again to apartment which the Smart Bro Canopy is not working, the location doesn’t get any signal. We called customer service hotline and they send some guy to fix things, and told us that Smart Bro doesn’t establish good signal. We finished our contract with the canopy connection and Smart Telecommunication offer their new Smart Share It package.  This package comes with same price and same speed which is up to 2mbps. It comes with portable Wi-Fi device that can connect up to 5 connections.  It also has options to connect directly using cable or connects thru Wi-Fi.  There is difference when it comes to performance, in my experienced the speed decreased compared to canopy and the connection is not that stable maybe because of the location but still I am satisfied with the product.  Since it’s portable I didn’t have any problem with the relocation anymore. I also able to use it when we are out of town.  I’ve been using Smart Share It connection for more than 3 years, but last week I decided to upgrade my plan.  

Smart Broadband Pocket Wifi


I want much faster internet and 2mbps is not enough for me anymore.  I went to Smart Center at SM Megamall last weekend to inquire about their existing promo.  Customer service suggested that Smart Broadband Pocket Wi-fi is on sale right now, perfect timing when I need it.  From the price of 3,895 I can get it for only 2,995 pesos only, their promo will only last until March 31, 2013.  The only thing that bothers me is my existing connection, but customer service agent explained it to me that if I buy the pocket wi-fi broadband device I just put my existing Smart Share It sim card inside the device and it will automatically upgrade the speed from 2mbps to 7.2mbps. So I decided to buy the product the right away.  Package includes sim prepaid card, now I have option to use prepaid or post-paid plan. As of now I am using pocket wi-fi connection and I am satisfied with the added speed of my broadband connection.  Although the speed does not fully reach 7.2mbps but at least my connection improved from 2mbps to 5.2mbps.  Now I’m very satisfied with the performance of my internet connection it’s easy to download and fast to surf the net.  Thanks to Smart Telecommunications for giving me good options every time I decided to upgrade my broadband connection.

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed with the content you provided. I want to thank you for this informative article. I enjoyed each aspect of it and I will be waiting for the new updates For Mi-Fi.

    What is MiFi, MiFi device, Wi-Fi hotspots

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! can i ask where you live? we are considering buying the pocket wifi as opposed to the canopy and we live in cavite. how low does the pocket wifi go? thank you so much! the info you gave is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the signal that your pocket wifi undergo. Sometimes when the signal is low it comes off to 1mbps only. Because it depends on your area's signal.

      Delete