Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Avoiding vision problem



When I was in high school I really want to wear eye glasses although I have 20/20 vision or clear vision still the likeness of wearing clear glasses or even fake glasses still strong.  For me it looks cool and projects intellectual look and I feel that I belong if I am wearing one although I am really not that intelligent.   But as I grew older and became mature my idea of wearing eye glasses at young age changed from projects intellectually into looking old.  

                It was first quarter last year when I really need to wear eye glasses to correct my vision.  I used to wear one before if I’m in front of the computer to protect my eyes from radiation. I refuse to see ophthalmologist to have my eyes check, I don’t want to wear eye glasses anymore but I can’t avoid it.  I often have headache and dizziness due to staying long hours in computer because of my work.  I got my first eye glasses in Acebedo OpticalClinic for only P1000, it’s on sale during that time and there are lot of eye glasses to choose from.  They offer free eye check-up and all you need to do is to choose the frame that you like.

When I am inside the eye clinic waiting, before me was another patient younger than me.  I can’t help noticing that more and more kids these days have vision problems.  Some kids can’t avoid wearing eye glasses at their younger age because they inherit it to their parents.  Genetic is one major factor of having vision problem.  But aside from genetic, food that we eat, watching too much and too close in front of television and staying long hours in front of computer are I believe other major factors that affect having vision problem.  Diabetic causes blind spots and distortion too.

                Kids these days are not involved more in outdoor activities compared to older generations.  Technology plays major role in our kids’ lifestyle.  I often see kids watching videos, surfing internet, and playing online games thru different gadgets from big to small like computer, laptop, tablet, PlayStation, Gameboy, smartphones etc.. 

                To prevent early vision problem to my kids I only let them watch television or play in the computer for just an hour or maximum of two hours if they are watching movie, after that I involved them to other activities like solving puzzle, playing or strolling. I also warn my kids not to stay close to television while watching, and told them not to wash their eyes after watching.  And most important is to have an eye check-up for your kids you may visit any Acebedo Optical Clinic for free eye check-up. Also have a healthy diet. Eat green leafy vegetables and fish. Foods rich in Vitamins A, C, and E are important for the prevention of vision problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment